WE ARE WATER DAMAGE SPECIALISTS!
Green SERVPRO car outside of a commercial building that has train tracks and a graffitied train.
WE ARE WATER DAMAGE SPECIALISTS!
Yea every now and then you may have a small leak or wastewater somewhere and you’d think nothing of it to clean it up. But do you know when you should call a professional? It isn’t always when it’s a ton of water. It can be a repeat leak that causes mold, then you should call us. It could be a toilet that overflows, then you should call us. It could be your hot water heater leaking causing water to get into your man cave, then you should call us. Not only do we clean up the water damage but we make it "Like it never even happened." That means we have a reconstruction team, so if mold gets out of hand we can replace flooring, cabinets, your roof and more! You next question may be why SERVPRO and not a competitor?
SERVPRO is trained, IICRC certified and here to help! The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our Professionals study IICRC standards and best practices in water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses.
Even during Covid-19 our team has access to learning programs. All of our staff have access to web-based training. This voluntary program is designed to be an ongoing, self-paced coaching series for a Franchise's employees. Video presentations and support materials are followed by a knowledge test at the end of each module. This keeps our technicians and office staff up to speed on industry standards and the professional quality you expect.
We’re professionals, educated, highly-skilled, OPEN 24/7, and ready to make it "Like it never even happened." Give us a call if you find yourself in a nasty situation involving flooding, or mold issues.
Call 256-259-4333 today!
TOLIET OVERFLOWING ISSUES?
a clean bathroom with a grey rug and a white toilet
TOLIET OVERFLOWING ISSUES?
Many of us have a fear of using a toilet at a friends and it overflows. Think about it it’s natural to use it but it’s one of the nastiest parts about being a human. So what if it overflows? Do you just clean it up? How do you clean up something that dirty? Can’t poop if not cleaned properly cause other issues? These are all real questions and the answer is call a professional!
Toilet water is considered “Black Water" and is very unsanitary. It contains harmful bacteria, possibly urine, feces, and other harmful bacterias. This water is usually found during a flood, sewage overflow, or toilet overflow. When it happens to get on your carpet or in the padding it will have to be disposed of and replaced.
SERVPRO has over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, strategically positioned to be faster to any size disaster. If your home or business is affected by water damage, we can provide an immediate emergency response that helps to prevent secondary damage and mold.
Give us a call today! 256-259-4333
Is your kitchen sink leaking?
bottom of a wet cabinet from a leaky pipe
Is your kitchen sink leaking?
It feels like we’ve all seen it in a movie or either experienced a leaky kitchen sink. Here are a few tips if you find yourself in that situation.
- Don’t put oil, fat, or grease down your drain
- Keep your drain clean and free from food and other objects.
- If you find yourself with a leaky sink don’t let the water continue to drain in your cabinet. Use a bucket to catch that water.
- If water leaks from the connection where the drain connects to the disposer, tighten the two screws on the drain adapter.
- Call a plumber - don’t take on this task alone there are plenty of professionals who can assist with this issue. After the problem is resolved give us a call.
We specialize in water damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have extensive water damage restoration training, and our process emphasizes regular monitoring and documentation of the drying process from beginning to end. Using specialized equipment and products, our technicians extract standing water and dry your property quickly and efficiently. We then finish the job with professional-grade cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing products for your comfort and safety.
Give us a call! 256-259-4333
Firework safety tips!
white fireworks exploding in the sky
Firework safety tips
As we have seen & heard many begin their annual usage of fireworks it’s important to us here at SERVPRO to leave you a few tips on how to be safe while having fun.
- NEVER light fireworks indoors. No sparklers, or anything!
- Don’t try to relight or reuse malfunctioning fireworks. Also, If your fireworks aren’t releasing from the barrel you placed them in don’t look into the barrel.
- Soak in water malfunctioning fireworks to assure they are not lit before discarding. You can also keep a bucket of water and or fire extinguisher in the event of a fire emergency.
- Never use illegal fireworks!
- NEVER USE FIREWORKS CLOSE TO BUILDINGS OR HOMES USE THEM IN OPEN AREAS.
Did you know that according to the National Safety Council fireworks start an average of 18,500 fires each year? That's a crazy number and we hope you don't start a fire but in the event you do, we're here to help!
Every fire damage situation is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. When various materials burn, the soot they create differs greatly and requires a specific cleaning procedure. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage restoration. Learn more about our fire damage restoration process.
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service (if needed)
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Cleaning and Repair
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (256)256-4333
Do you know the different types of fires?
Large fire flames in the dark
Do you know the different types of fires?
Classes of fire
- Class A - Fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles. These are said to be the easiest to put out. It is recommended to use water or a fire extinguisher to put out class A fires.
- Class B - Involve ignitable liquids or gases like petroleum grease, alcohol, paint, propane, or gasoline. Class B fires should be extinguished using foam, powder, or carbon dioxide extinguishers.
- Class C - fires involving electrical. To extinguish this type of fire it is recommended to use carbon dioxide or dry powder extinguishers.
- Class D - Fires involving metals. Fire Equipment Manufacturer's Association advised extinguishing these types of fires with a dry powder extinguisher only
- Class k - Fires involving cooking oils such as in deep-fat fryers. Extinguish a Class K fire with a wet chemical extinguisher, according to the New York City Fire Department.
Our number one goal is returning damaged areas and items to preloss condition, doing all we can to make it “Like it never even happened.” Every SERVPRO® Franchise Professional is dedicated to restoring both the property and the lives of the customers being helped.
Give us a call if you find yourself dealing with a house fire or a fire at your workplace. 256-259-4333
Is your business prepared for storms and inclement weather
head shot of a guy with blonde hair in a blue shirt in front of a SERVPRO sign
Storms and inclement weather can be devastating to you and your business, thus we’re here to help. We have added a new team member named Joshua Roberts. He's been in the insurance construction world for the past 10 years with a proven track record of satisfied customers and great work! With him, on our team, we were able to add roofing jobs. Yes, re can replace an entire roof or we can repair a damaged roof.
We understand that storms and inclement weather can be devastating to any business. Wind damage, heavy rain, and flooding can occur suddenly and cause substantial damage in a matter of minutes. There’s never a convenient time for flooding or storm damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need. 256-259-4333
HERE ARE SOME FIRE PREPARATION TIPS FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
BRAND NEW SPRINKLER ON A WHITE CEILING
- HAVE SMOKE ALARMS AND REGULARLY CHANGE THEIR BATTERIES
- HAVE A FIRE ESCAPE PLAN. IT’S ESSENTIAL THAT YOU EXPLAIN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES IN THE EVENT OF YOUR FIRE HOW TO ESCAPE IN A ORGANIZED MANNER THAT WAY PEOPLE CAN KEEP UP WITH THE COUNT MAKING SURE NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND AND MAKING KNOWN THE EXITS.
- INSTALL SPRINKLER SYSTEMS: SPRINKLERS ARE USUALLY COST EFFECTIVE AND THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO STOP THE SPREAD OF A FIRE.
- IT’S ALWAYS GREAT TO HAVE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS PLACED THROUGHOUT YOUR BUILDING FOR TRAINED STAFF TO USE IN THE EVENT OF A SMALL FIRE.
- HAVE INSURANCE! I KNOW THAT’S LIKE A NO BRAINER BUT SOMETIMES IT CAN LAPSE AND GO WITHOUT THOUGHT UNTIL AN EMERGENCY ARISES.
Fire damage is especially devastating for a business or commercial property. In addition to the fire and smoke damage, significant water damage from firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may occur. Every hour spent restoring your business back to pre-fire condition is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If your business experiences a fire loss, call the fire and water damage restoration experts and we’ll respond immediately to get you back to business.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Fire and Water Restoration Industry with over 1,700 Franchises
- Highly Trained Fire and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Commercial Fire Damage? Call Us Today – (256)-259-4333
Is there mold in your workplace?
mold on a mouse pad at a office
Many people are worried about going back to work and being exposed to viral illnesses like cover-19, but others have more concerns.
Mold can cause health related issues to your employees and clients if not treated. Well you might ask "how do you know if you have a mold issue or not?" Great question!
Here are a few indicators:
1. visible mold
2. Mold/mildew smell
3. People with asthma having allergic reactions like wheezing, itchy eyes, frequent headaches, fever and or shortness of breath.
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact Us At: 256-259-4333
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Don't sweep mold issues under the rug. Give us a call today to find a solution to your mold problem.
A pandemic doesn’t stop fire and water damage.
map demonstrating cover 19's spread all over the world
A pandemic doesn’t stop those accidental fires and storm or water damage from affecting your business. We’re open 24/7 for fire, water, and mold emergencies. So don’t wait! Give us a call immediately if your business encounters some type of fire or water damage.
Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
Here at SERVPRO of Jackson and DeKalb Counties, we have the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.” We service:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
Give us a call at 256-259-4333 today
A higher standard of clean
Several SERVPRO employees in hazmat suits preparing to sanitize a commercial building.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning that helps ensure the cleanliness of the restaurants, businesses and public spaces in the communities we all call home. With over 50 years of expertise, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills - always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
You can depend on us to get the job done right and get it done quickly. Our highly trained technicians use top-of-the-line equipment to keep your business clean and sanitized. Give us a call at 256-259-4333 to schedule your reoccurring cleaning TODAY!