Flooded Basement in Fort Payne
A basement can flood at any time!
Although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall, Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Fort Payne basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water heater failure
The flooding in this Fort Payne home was caused by heavy rain runoff. Fort Payne had received over 8” of rain that week. We were onsite within an hour and began to assess the damage and extracting the water. We use advanced inspection and monitoring equipment to determine your home’s structure is dry to acceptable levels and is actually dry.
If water damage is not handled quickly and properly, it can cause severe damage to your home’s structure not to mention the potential harmful health effects of mold. Remember, the longer your wait, the worse the problem becomes.
We are flood specialists:
- Available 24/7/365
- We are a preferred vendor to most National Insurance Companies
- We bill the insurance company directly for covered claims
- Our Technicians are Highly Trained and IICRC Certified
- We follow the IICRC S-500 Restoration Guidelines
- The most technologically advanced equipment for assessing and drying equipment
Questions? Call us today in DeKalb County at 256.845.4402 or in Jackson County at 256.259-4333