Dealing with Contaminated Water!
SERVPRO's Tips on Contaminated Water
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking the proper action until SERVPRO of Jackson and Dekalb Counties professionals arrive. Please follow these DO's and DON'Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration.
Here are the DO's and DON'Ts for Water damage from Contaminated Water.
- Call SERVPRO of Jackson and Dekalb immediately at (256) 259-4333.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage. This includes damages incurred by a sewage backup.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to contaminated areas.
Note: If exposed to harmful waste, OSHA recommends a post-exposure medical evaluation. Consult with your local health department or physician.
About SERVPRO of Jackson and Dekalb Counties
SERVPRO of Jackson and Dekalb specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a sewage backup or a contaminated water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Have questions about Contaminated Water Damage and Cleanup? Call us - (256) 259-4333