Fire Prevention Tips for Your Business
Unfortunately, fires are quite common among businesses, leaving business owners and stakeholders at major losses. However, you can help prevent a fire from occurring by taking certain steps. Emergency preparedness is key! The following are tips on how to lower the possibility of a fire at your business:
- Develop an accessible fire escape plan. To ensure that all your employees know it, conduct at least one fire drill per year for practice.
- Install a sprinkler system throughout the building.
- Make sure each outlet in your building only has one extension cord each.
- Regularly replace electrical wiring.
- Leave enough space for appliances between them and the wall to avoid overheating.
- Assign one employee to be your safety officer. This person will be the leader of emergency operation plans and allow for organization.
Be prepared and prevent fires!